Hi
I'd agree with James, the update revision is sometimes a blurry picture,

ie
cat /etc/release will tell me that my system is 1/06 ( update 1 if I
remember correctly )
but if I  have applied the latest jumbo kernel patch 137137-09 I
essentially have a lot of the u6 functionality ( a lot but not all .. )
so is the system u1 or u6?

I tend to say it's u1 patched to u6 kernel, so as to give some idea of
the start point and current point, but other than
cat /etc/release ( the starting point )
uname -a to give current KU level
and ls -tr1 /var/sadm/patch to see patches applied besides current KU
plus patchadd -p to just get every patch including patches that are part
of the update build.

So sometimes an update might be meaningless, ie
I can have an x86 FCS system ( from cat /etc/release )
but it has grub,zfs and all the latest zones functionality, just by
adding 137137-09, plus the near 30 patches requires to get that on board.

To me they probably need a patch automation tool to tell them what is
currently available in terms of patching, and they see what they need
from that.

ie pca -l missing
or the like, pca being a solaris patch automation tool from
http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/

Enda

--
Enda O'Connor x19781  Software Product Engineering
Patch System Test : Ireland : x19781/353-1-8199718