* Nicolas Dorfsman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-12-08 16:46]:

> Le 6 nov. 08 à 20:30, Steve Lawrence a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:20:43AM -0500, Dr. Hung-Sheng Tsao (LaoTsao)
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> anyone know when the brandz for s10 will be out?
>>> e.g. running s10 with opensolaris zone?
>>
>> No target has been set for this.  We cannot reasonably manage such a
>> project until s10 begins taking less change.  The current understanding is
>> the need for such a feature will co-incide with the release of an
>> enterprise version of opensolaris, or an early update (6 months?) to an
>> enterprise opensolaris-based release.
>
> Enterprise version of OpenSolaris ?
>
> Could anybody explain what does it mean ?

  If Sun were to produce an enterprise version of OpenSolaris, it would
  mean a release that had a 10+ year support lifetime.  (And presumably
  some form of periodic updates for newer hardware, etc.)

  - Stephen

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/