On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:35:20 -0800, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zope Corp. is willing (or has been, anyway;  I can't speak for them any
longer) \to sell support for released versions of Zope.  Under such a
contract, the supporting company would arrange to get critical
(stability / security-related) bugfixes backported, if the
version-under-support was no longer the actively developed version.

Anyone expecting to get *that* kind of support for free is smoking
crack, given the size of the Zope community and its general willingness
to upgrade as needed.

Indeed. We also support older Plones/Zopes if we get paid (and backport fixes), but it's unrealistic to let the community handle this level of support.