On 18 Jan 2006, at 08:45, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Let's put it this way: By the time Plone 2.5 is releases (if according to roadmap), Zope 2.8 is one month away from being *discontinued*. Conservative or not, I wouldn't bet on a release line that won't receive bugfixes the
minute I start using it...

Just so I'm clear, I've just checked the Plone 2.5 roadmap and it says it is due in 8 May this year - is it really true that Zope 2.8 is going to stop getting bugfixes in June this year?

I think for those of us deploying Zope on an enterprise scale it will be pretty hard to do upgrades this frequently.

Logicalware Ltd
Stuart House, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)131 273 5130 http://www.logicalware.com