On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:22:02 -0000, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think one year is a pretty big span. Today, for example, you would not
start a project on Zope 2.8. You would do it with Zope 2.9 which is
going to get bugfixes until the end of 2006.

Not if you spend 18 months developing your application :-/

I can see this making some conservative decision makers fairly nervous. The upgrade to Zope 2.9 may be as painless as anything, but on the risk that it isn't, knowing that the release I started working with won't get the latest bug/security fixes and thus may force me to take a hit on upgrading the appserver may not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I do understand that it's hard to maintain three Zope 2 releases at the same time (jebus). I'm just worried that this policy, especially if explicit, would make Zope FUD a bit easier.