On 1/19/06, Martin Aspeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:22:02 -0000, Philipp von Weitershausen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think one year is a pretty big span. Today, for example, you would not
> > start a project on Zope 2.8. You would do it with Zope 2.9 which is
> > going to get bugfixes until the end of 2006.
> Not if you spend 18 months developing your application :-/

Well, in that case you should be able to at some time during that
process, switch to a new Zope version... I do understand that Zope
2.9.0 may not be something you want to depend on, but most likely
there will be a 2.9.1 out by May, so maybe you can consider switching

> I do understand that it's hard to maintain three Zope 2 releases at the
> same time (jebus). I'm just worried that this policy, especially if
> explicit, would make Zope FUD a bit easier.

Zope is in a period of rapid change now, and that is indeed scary. ;)
It's hard to avoid that, I think, without putting a huge break on the