Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Andreas Jung is in the process of getting the regular Zope 2 issue collector moved onto Launchpad. He said the Launchpad guys could move other collectors like the CMF collector at the same time. The question is, do we want this?

My vote is "-0.5", mostly because I never used Launchpad. One drawback that was mentioned is the fact that bugtracker emails do not contain the full bug history. From other bugtracker experience I know that's very annoying.

Andreas mentioned some arguments for the move, like having the same user base on all those collectors, the ability to move bugs between them, and a much better user interface than the sometimes odd collector UI.

What's the consensus?

+1 to move. I find the CMFCollector instances on zope.org incredibly cumbersome and unintuitive to use. The "downside" is that you'd probably get more people reporting bugs because they are able to figure out how. ;-)

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress