Am 25.10.2007 um 12:37 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
Can we have a show of hands, so to speak?
Given my minimal contribution so far I will abstain.
However, before any "vote" is taken I think it is important to
discuss the issues. OTOH imagine how elections would work if we were
required to provide justifications for our votes!
0) Jens - get yerself a better browser! ;-) FFS Omniweb :-D OTOH I
also complain bitterly when one thing does not work with my favourite
tool. Eventually I grew up and swapped NetPositive fer Opera ! :-P
hm, the footer doesn't work proply with Opera 9.5!!!
1) I like the Canonical team: Steve Alexander is top and Gustavo
Niemeyer has come up with a very reasonable ORM for Launchpad.
2) Data protection: hosting on launchpad.net might raise data
protection issues for existing zope.org users.
3) I'm not particularly attached to the Zope collector but the UI for
Launchpad isn't brilliant either. Trac's UI is lovely but its data
model is totally borked. I'm planning to take a look at Roundup but
the argument for consolidating Zope + CMF bugs on a single system is
4) It's great when someone else does the work for you and this should
5) E-mail integration: this has to work properly and should include
reply by e-mail and reflect user preferences for whole or incremental
In conclusion: I'm still abstaining because, although the arguments
for the "automated" migration are strong, we are under no time
pressure and might like to see some features added before any migration.
Zope-CMF maillist - Zope-CMF@lists.zope.org
See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests