Shane Hathaway writes:
 > - You have to be careful not to use double quotes in expressions.
 > (Ampersands and less-than/greater-than signs are tricky too.  Watch out
 > for pairs of hyphens!)

This is FUD.  TAL can handle these things quite well; the "problem" is
that many web developers don't have a clear understanding of layers of
encoding (a seriously unfortunate state of affairs, though
understandable given the time pressures of creating/updating a site).
Encoding quotes inside an attribute values means that the expression
(Python or not) is harder to read, but if it doesn't still work,
there's a bug in the implementation.  I'll be glad to donate some of
my time to fix any such bugs.

Othan than this, I agree with you on this topic.

Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation