Jim Penny wrote:
Frankly, would not even have occurred to me - I would probably create a
tiny Script (Python) en passant, and called it directly, as:
<a tal:attributes="href python: here.url_quote(some_url)" />.  I did not
realize that this is deprecated in Zope3.

Your example relies on implicit acquisition. Your example is not deprecated, it just won't work. :-) Now, if you made a view component, you could get it to work, but that pattern would be very different from Zope 2.

But, what does all of this have to do with index:, key:, int:, etc.?

The issue at hand is whether to use prefixes at all. That's the way I understand it, anyway.