On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 10:18, Peter Sabaini wrote:
That being said, I wonder if there are people interested to make an effort for a 2.7 Edition of the Zope book?
I am. I think Paul is too. It won't be nearly as much work as 2.5 -> 2.6. Let's just do it. Wanna pick chapters? I'll get the new book set up on Zope.org (another BT book) and send the link to whomever is interested.
I think the following issues would deserve attention:
* Installing chapter: I'm working on it and hope to finish soon (no really this time!)
* Maintaining chapter update
* Creating Basic Zope Applications: I've been wanting to extend and incorporate Jon Whiteners version but never got around to it
* Using Zope Page Templates: judging by the comments there seem to be some trouble spots there
* Reference: IMHO one of the trickier things, especially for the API Ref. because one would first have to decide what constitutes the API and what is simply Zope core...
* A chapter TOC: it would be great if we could have an inter-chapter table of contents; would greatly help navigation esp. in longer chapters -- I seem to recall that someone once mentioned working on such a feature -- Paul maybe?
* Lots of weeding out comments resp. incorporating answers
* Generating PDFs
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature_______________________________________________ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )