Paul Winkler wrote:
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 08:10:26PM +0200, Peter Sabaini wrote:

* Reference: IMHO one of the trickier things, especially for the API Ref. because one would first have to decide what constitutes the API and what is simply Zope core...

The long-term solution, I think, is to fix the API mess itself. Eek.
I have a proposal about this here:
... but I think this will take a while, and I'd rather get
the book updated first.

I think it's worth hand-massaging the API reference chapter for
the 2.7 book and fixing the embedded docs later.
Yes, I volunteer to do this :-)

Brave... and while I'd really like to have a clean API Reference, you are probably right that its more important to get the main book updated first.

* A chapter TOC: it would be great if we could have an inter-chapter table of contents; would greatly help navigation esp. in longer chapters -- I seem to recall that someone once mentioned working on such a feature -- Paul maybe?

The book already has an inter-chapter TOC at the beginning ;-)
Chris and I worked on an intra-chapter TOC at Pycon. My stuff is in backtalk CVS on sourceforge.
Just needs a bit of cleanup and it'll be ready to go.

Yay! And, judging by the CVS, done pretty straightforward (I was afraid of having to do several parsing passes and such). Cool.