Max M wrote:

I am not sure what is causing the problems. I am mostly a developer of
end user tools. Not a core Zope/Plone developer. And I am not really
interested in becoming one either. There must be a niche for developers like me that focus on end users.

Well ok. I have researched a bit more. All the speedup suggestions gave at maximum 5-10 seconds. Not nearly enough. (Didn't try to buy a new computer though. Will do that next week ;-)

I also tried to run Zope as a zeo client from a usb flash disk.

As expected the initial compilation to byte code was sloooow. I then expected it to run fast after that. It didn't!
*clever* configuration clearly wasn't clever enough for me.

So I made a site with a standard Zope tool:

    class simple_tool(UniqueObject, PropertyManager,
                           SimpleItem.SimpleItem, ActionProviderBase):

And I added a simple Plone skin.

Now refresh worked like a charm. Both when changing the code in the tool and the page templates in the skin.

So the problem only exists for me in Archetype based products. Anytime I do a change in any AT content type I need to restart the site.

Can anybody confirm this behavior?

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark
IT's Mad Science

Phone:  +45 66 11 84 94