Simon Michael wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:
Having said that, I said that I would be willing to work with someone
familiar with the software yo update ZWiki.  No one has stepped
forward yet. I wonder why.

Er.. I'd guess because: that was less than an hour ago; I heard you talk about apache work,

not a zwiki upgrade;

That was yesterday:

"Because is a brittle mess and I don't want to take a chance of making
 in worse.  If someone who feels that they have some grasp on that software
 wants to help me, I'd be willing to try. "

Perhaps you took so much offense at the first part of what I said,
you didn't notice the second part.

very few people on the planet are familiar with the software. Perhaps that's the point you are making ?

Again, continuing with my naive thought experiments focussed on this one issue, a zwiki upgrade, I would be thinking: (a) upgrading zwiki is not going to break other parts of the site, and it's certainly not going to require me to debug CMF; and (b) if I'm wrong, I've learned something, I replace the old zwiki version and consider next steps.

I don't know.  Does ZWiki have any tendrils in CMF? Has the version
of ZWiki used on been modified in any way to work with the
CMF?  I don't know.

Oh, BTW, runs some revision of the Zope 2.6 branch.
Does the latest ZWiki work with that?

Michael Haubenwallner,

Do you have any opinion on this?  Should we try doing a ZWiki

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation