Tres Seaver wrote:

Stephan Richter wrote:

On Thursday 08 December 2005 08:29, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:18:49AM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
| On Thursday 08 December 2005 07:06, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| > Just one thing that struck me right now. ZServer uses medusa/asyncore
| > and twisted has it's own 'main loop'. How do they play together in
| > Zope 3? Or they dont?
| They don't. Either you use ZServer or you use Twisted, but not both. So
| if you want to use Twisted-specific packages, like the scheduler, you
| have to use twisted, otherwise you are out of luck. I think this is
| totally fine.

What's the situation with ZEO then? The ZEO 'zrpc.client' uses
ThreadedAsync.register_loop_callback(), which is a evil monkeypatch to
asyncore. I haven't seen that change recently, so I assume this has
been ignored?

Yep. Nobody has complained to us about this yet. I personally do not use ZEO, so I could not fix the issue anyways.

If twisted and ZEO are incompatible, then twisted needs *never* to be
the default;  ZEO is an essential part of Zope's "real world" story.  I
can't imagine even  *developing* without ZEO, much less deploying
applications in production.

Don't worry, we'll (I'll :) work this out.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation