Jeff Shell has posted some thought-provoking pieces on his blog that are
relevant to Jim's recent attempt to better articulate a vision for Zope:

I share some of Jeff's concerns.

One thing that he has been doing that I think is really important for us
is to systematically explore Django / TurboGears / Rails to see what they
are doing that we can learn from.  I have already seen several interesting
posts from Jeff on this list and would love to hear more from him on the

I have two questions for everyone:

* Can we address Jeff's concerns?  If so, how?
* What can we learn from Rails / Django / TurboGears?