On 5/23/07, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm, the use case for slugs was to support "application with separately
installed extensions";  Fred, I think your view is prejudiced by the
fact that you don't have any need for pluggability / extensibility.

Possibly so.  I'm certainly not building apps where "drop-in"
extensibility is as helpful as others are.

Stephan is arguing for finer-grained configurations, which is likely to
be better for reuse, at the cost of *reduced* convenience.

Yes, and that's fine for me.  What I consider an issue is that
changing the semantics of

   <include package="zope.foo.package"/>

is a change to the package's public interface.

 -Fred