Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 September 2007 17:34, Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> Changing tags is not that good. I'd rather check in a aversion number
>>> then. ;-)
>> This is exactly what we've been doing for Zope 3 releases -- for the
>> same reason.  I think it is the one acceptable and reasonable change
>> to a tag.  The benefit of forcing us to release from a tag is, imo,
>> significant.
> Here is a problem that I discussed with Marius earlier today.
> I often do not know whether all my setup.py settings are correct until I try
> to upload a release.

You should *never* be uploading a release that you don't already *know*
is correct.

< I frequently get the "Development Status" classifier
> wrong and I won't be told it is wrong until I try to register the release.

If you are using 'setup.py register upload' to do your checking, you
need a better tool:  the consequences of carelessness are too
significant (bad releases punish everyone *else*).

> So I usually create the release first and upload it and after that create the
> tag.

- -100.  Get it right, check it in, *then* upload the distribution.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)