Paul, let me ask you something: are you sure you are not missing the point?

IMHO the point is to fix the issues that were raised ASAP.

I have spent my time in order to give as many details as possible in order to
fix them ASAP.
Also I have committed a fix in the branch for one of the opened bugs.

Please look over the bugs and let's try to fix them in order to commit the new
improved JSON 2.0 module to the trunk.

If you think that the decision I took while reviewing your merge deserves
further discussion let's put it on the next weekly conference agenda.