From: John LaMuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:21:30 PM
Subject: Re: Information theoretic approaches to AGI (was Re: [agi] The
Necessity of Embodiment)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Mahoney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: Information theoretic approaches to
AGI (was Re: [agi] The Necessity of Embodiment)

I have challenged this list as well
as the singularity and SL4 lists to come up with an example of a mathematical,
software, biological, or physical example of RSI, or at least a plausible
argument that one could be created, and nobody has. To qualify, an agent
has to modify itself or create a more intelligent copy of itself according to
an
intelligence test chosen by the original. The following are not examples of
RSI:

> 1. Evolution of life, including humans.
> 2.
Emergence of language, culture, writing, communication technology, and
computers.

> -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Matt

Where have you been for the last 2 months
??

I had been talking then about my 2 US Patents
for ethical/friendly AI
along lines of a recursive
simulation targeting language (topic 2) above.

This language agent employs feedback loops and LTM
to increase comprehension and accuracy
(and BTW - resolves the ethical safeguard problems
for AI) ...

No-one yet has proven me wrong ?? Howsabout YOU
???

More at
www.angelfire.com/rnb/fairhaven/specs.html

John LaMuth