----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Mahoney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: Information theoretic approaches to AGI (was Re: [agi] The
Necessity of Embodiment)

 I have challenged this list as well as the singularity and SL4 lists to come
up with an example of a mathematical, software, biological, or physical example
of RSI, or at least a plausible argument that one could be created, and nobody
has. To qualify, an agent has to modify itself or create a more intelligent
copy of itself according to an intelligence test chosen by the original. The
following are not examples of RSI:

> 1. Evolution of life, including humans.
> 2. Emergence of language, culture, writing, communication technology, and
> computers.

> -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Matt

Where have you been for the last 2 months ??

I had been talking then about my 2 US Patents for ethical/friendly AI
along lines of a recursive simulation targeting language (topic 2) above.

This language agent employs feedback loops and LTM to increase comprehension
and accuracy
(and BTW - resolves the ethical safeguard problems for AI) ...

No-one yet has proven me wrong ?? Howsabout YOU ???

More at
www.angelfire.com/rnb/fairhaven/specs.html

John LaMuth

www.ethicalvalues.com