Mike,

That may be the case, but I do not think it is relevant to Valentina's
point. How can we mathematically define how an AGI might
mathematically define its own goals? Well, that question assumes 3
things:

-An AGI defines its own goals
-In doing so, it phrases them in mathematical language
-It is possible to mathematically define the way in which it does this

I think you are questioning assumptions 2 and 3? If so, I do not think
that the theory needs to be able to do what you are saying it cannot:
it does not need to be able to generate new branches of mathematics
from itself before-the-fact. Rather, its ability to generate new
branches (or, in our case, goals) can and should depend on the
information coming in from the environment.

Whether such a logic really exists, though, is a different question.
Before we can choose which goals we should pick, we need some criteria
by which to judge them; but it seems like such a criteria is already a
goal. So, I could cook up any method of choosing goals that sounded
OK, and claim that it was the solution to Valentina's problem, because
Valentina's problem is not yet well-defined.

The closest thing to a solution would be to purposefully give an AGI a
complex, probabilistically-defined, and often-conflicting goal system
with many diverse types of pleasure, like humans have.