John, are any of your peer-reviewed papers online? I can't seem to find them...

 -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----
From: John LaMuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:35:10 AM
Subject: Re: Information theoretic approaches to AGI (was Re: [agi] The
Necessity of Embodiment)

Matt
Below is a sampling
of my peer reviewed conference presentations on my background ethical theory
This should elevate
me above the common "crackpot"
Studies-University of
Arizona (poster presentation).
      ·      John presented a
poster at the 8th International Tsukaba Bioethics Conference at
Tsukaba,
              Japan on Feb. 15 to 17,  2003.
      ·      John has
presented his paper – “The Communicational Factors Underlying the Mental
              Disorders” at the 2006 Annual Conf. of the Western Psychological
Association at Palm Springs, CA
Honors
        * Honors Diploma  for Research in Biological Sciences (June 1977) -
Univ. of Calif.  Irvine.
        * John  is a member of the APA and the American Philosophical
Association.
LaMuth, J. E. (1977). The
Development of the Forebrain as an Elementary Function of
           the Parameters of Input Specificity and Phylogenetic
Age.
            J. U-grad Rsch: Bio. Sci. U. C. Irvine. (6):
274-294.

LaMuth, J. E. (2000). A Holistic
Model of Ethical Behavior Based Upon a Metaperspectival
            Hierarchy of the Traditional Groupings of Virtue,
            Values, & Ideals. Proceedings of the 44th Annual World Congress for
the Int.
            Society for the Systems Sciences – Toronto.

LaMuth, J. E. (2003). Inductive
Inference Affective Language Analyzer
            Simulating AI. - US Patent # 6,587,846.
LaMuth, J. E. (2004). Behavioral
Foundations for the Behaviourome / Mind Mapping
            Project.
Proceedings for the  Eighth
International Tsukuba Bioethics
            Roundtable,Tsukuba, Japan.
LaMuth, J. E. (2005). A Diagnostic
Classification of the Emotions: A Three-Digit Coding
            System for Affective Language. Lucerne Valley: Fairhaven.

LaMuth, J. E. (2007). Inductive
Inference Affective Language Analyzer
            Simulating Transitional AI. - US Patent # 7,236,963.

******************************
Although I currently have no working
model, I am collaborating on a working prototype.

I was responding to your challenge
for ...an example of a mathematical, software,
biological, or physical example of RSI, or at least a plausible argument that
one could be created

I feel I
have proposed a plausible argument, and considering the great stakes
involved concerning ethical safeguards for AI, an avenue worthy of critique
 More on this in the last half of )
www.angelfire.com/rnb/fairhaven/specs.html

John LaMuth

www.ethicalvalues.com