Agreed. Yet, as far as I can tell, Novamente/OCP aren't designed to allow this
autopoiesis to emerge. Although some emergence is implicit in the design, there
is not a clear boundary between the internal organization and the external
environment. For example, a truly autopoietic system would have to learn
(self-organize) all language, yet Novamente/OCP will take advantage of external
NLP modules.

If you agree with this, then in what sense do you consider autopoiesis to be an
important concept?

Terren