Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:38:51 -0500
From: "Sam Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: Any a/c guys out there???

That's exactly what I observed, the compressor kicked off, won't work, high
limit switch kills it. At idle the pressure climbed to the high limit and
cut out the compressor. The point being that the performance of the system
is very sensitive to how much air is going across the condenser. Start down
the highway, and air moves across the condenser and she cools. If the
pressure has reached a peak high there will be more really cold air for
awhile but of course the system eventually has to reach a balance that it
can maintain indefinitely. That wont be with the pressure at 450 PSI or
something like that.