At Stardate 20030630.0353, Ibrahim Underwood wrote:

On a Brinnish topic, has anyone ever considered the role that Brin casts humanity in in his Uplift series? Especially his second series (mind you, i've only read brightness reef so far). I feel that he uses his space opera collection of races to represent his interpretation of different aspects of humanity, and the human race as the ideal. This seems to be especially true in Brightness Reef, where a genuinely cosmopolitan mix is proposed in a round about way as an alternative to the universe of the Precursors.

Interesting theory, to say the least. Hadn't thought about it that way. I'm curious: which non-human races in the Uplift Universe would you tie to which aspects of humanity?

Jeroen van Baardwijk