> Why do so many europeans want to leave the discussion just when it get's
down
> to the details? You know? You get over the usual yelling and screeming,
down
> to the point where you are just starting to be able to form some kind of
> consistent model, and the europeans loose intrest. Could it be that they
> don't like what is -in- the details? Could it be that they know what you
will
> dind there? Or are they so unmoveable from their opinions that they don't
> want to focus when it get's to the point that those opinons are chalanged?

Such statements would also be conductive to anti-American sentiment.

> I was able to form (what I believe to be) a consistent model of the
> "tolerance" in europe and the US, and to describe the interaction of
> components in that model. I also beleive that this model shows the
superior
> effectiveness of tolerance in America. But I have heard no agreement or
> disagreement. By your silence can I assume that you agree?

I for one find that theories that reduce complex human interactions to
simple models (thus cutting out a remarkable amount of detail) are generally
rather troubling.  Perhaps that is just egoism, though.

-J

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!