--- Martin Malmkvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know if I got Ibrahim's message right, but I think that there is no
> real idea in continuing this discussion.
> The original purpose was to highlight some probable causes why there is so
> much anti-americanism out there, and I think those reasons have been
> thoroughly clarified (and the Americans on the list have also had the
> opportunity to defend the ways of their country). So I'm officially off
> this
> discussion - meant in no offensive way, it's been good learning.

Why do so many europeans want to leave the discussion just when it get's down
to the details? You know? You get over the usual yelling and screeming, down
to the point where you are just starting to be able to form some kind of
consistent model, and the europeans loose intrest. Could it be that they
don't like what is -in- the details? Could it be that they know what you will
dind there? Or are they so unmoveable from their opinions that they don't
want to focus when it get's to the point that those opinons are chalanged?

I was able to form (what I believe to be) a consistent model of the
"tolerance" in europe and the US, and to describe the interaction of
components in that model. I also beleive that this model shows the superior
effectiveness of tolerance in America. But I have heard no agreement or
disagreement. By your silence can I assume that you agree?

=====