> None of these possible reasons sound plausible. In fact, such
> statements
> come across as rather aggressive and insulting. Now, I'm sure you
> didn't
> mean to come across as aggressive and insulting, and maybe it
> wouldn't be
> considered aggressive and insulting by other Americans, but when
> engaging
> in discussions with non-Americans you must keep in mind that non-
> Americans
> have different values and a different cultural background. What
> may be
> considered an entire harmless statement in the US may be
> considered a grave
> insult elsewhere.

In 2000, during the Sydney Olympics, a number of broadsheets back home in Oz reprinted
articles from the US, written by American sports journalists in Sydney for the
Olympics, who were shocked at the fact Australians weren't desperately and completely
in love with the US (and that many even were strongly anti-American).  Quite humorous
in a sense, and interesting to boot, given the similiar history Australia and the US
partially share in common.

Australians can be very self-centered, and have a very blinkered view of the world in
many ways, but are light-years ahead of Americans, in my opinion, in terms of how they
viewed the world.

cheers,

Ibrahim Underwood
Singapore

NOTICE: This communication is meant only for the addressee(s) named above and may
contain information which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not
the named addressee(s), or the agent responsible for receiving and delivering this
communication to the named addressee(s), this communication has been sent to you in
error. If so, kindly contact us immediately for retrieval purposes. Unauthorised
dissemination,distribution, copying or reliance on this communication is prohibited
and may attract criminal penalties. Thank you.

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!