Hi there,

another nice kinase example might be IRAK-4. there are several pdbs, the one I have in mind is 2OIB. The alphaC helix that takes on different conformations in active and inactive conformations in kinases ('in' and 'out') is in four different positions in the four different copies per asu. A side note is that in this particular kinase, the helix-out conformation is the active conformation.

Baerbel

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Shane Caldwell <shane.caldwel...@gmail.com

--
Bärbel Blaum, Ph.D.
Interfakultäres Institut für Biochemie (IFIB)