Ok,  I misunderstood his testing procedure.  What he is doing is far more
scientific than what I thought he was doing.

There has got to be something better than this.   What we need is a way to
make the playouts more meaningful but not by artificially reducing our
actual objective which is to win.

For the high handicap games,  shouldn't the goal be to maximize the score?
Instead of adjusting komi why not just change the goal to win as much of the
board as possible?    This would be far more honest and reliable I would
think and the program would not be forced to constantly waste effort on
constantly changing goals.

- Don