At 5:20 PM -0700 4/24/01, David Honig wrote:
>At 11:02 AM 4/24/01 +0100, Ken Brown wrote:
>  and burn a million cows on pyres of
>>used tyres and railway sleepers (they are thinking of using napalm to
>>save money)
>
>The chemicals in the materials you're using for your pyres are
>poisoning the locals with dioxins... napalm is a lot cleaner and faster than
>dioxin-generating old tires and railroad ties, supposedly.
>
>We have the Burning Man festival; y'all have your Burning Cow
>festival.  Whatever melts your cheese.

I saw an estimate yesterday that millions of hectares of farmland are
now contaminated with enough dioxins from The Burnings that the U.S.
government will likely not let their output into the U.S.

European nations, ever eager to poke a stick in England's eye, are
reportedly considering the same ban.

If true, this is going to nuke the U.K. big time.

 From our perspective, it will show the foolishness of government
overreaction (ordering a million animals to be slaughtered and burned
with tires and old pressure-treated lumber railroad ties).

I wonder if the starving Brits will also be burned in piles?

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns