On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Philipp Lohmann
<philipp.lohm...@sun.com> wrote:

Hi Philipp,

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms645540.aspx ). The "menu" key you

thanks for the link.

> As for Mod3 on Windows: which key would that be ? I'm currently not sure
> which key you could use. You wouldn't use the windows key (even if it worked
> it would be rather unnatural for a windows user if the start menu didn't
> open on that) and the context menu key is also inadequate. These would be
> Meta and/or Super on the X11 platforms for instance.

mba proposed this (see [1]). To quote him: "While we are at it: what
about MOD3 support for other platforms? PC keyboards have the Windows
key, others also can have additional modifier keys." && "I don't like
that if it is only supported on one platform ..."

That's the reason why I started adding support for MOD3 on Windows and
other platforms as well. But the question is still open - which key on
Windows keyboard? There's Windows or Menu only - no more keys.

And I don't know even one application which uses Windows key for
shortcuts (same for Linux, I don't know how it is on Solaris ).
Question is - does it make sense to add support for MOD3 on Windows?
If it has no sense, the fix is easy. We can pass FALSE (bMod3
parameter) value to the new KeyCode constructor.

Many thanks for your help.

[1] http://framework.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=1598

Best regards,

--