Robert Vojta wrote:

>  - it's easier to select category, function and click on Assign
> (Modify) button, small, very simple dialog appears and user can press
> keys combination, which will be interpreted and displayed, if user
> agrees, he can click ok to save it or cancel

We already have this. Put the focus into the big list box, press your
key - é voial - it takes you to the entry that matches that key. You can
see if this key is already assigned and you can press "Modify" to assign
it to the currently selected function.

>> What do you think? Should I allow combinations? All 6 of it? It wouldn't
>> be more effort than just writing the table of keys (more or less some
>> C&P and editing), but I wonder if having such large tabel makes sense.
>
> But because there are limited resources to implement all ideas around,
> something should be selected. The current table is quite huge and I
> think that no one will be surprised if it will be "slightly" bigger. I
> think you can introduce all combinations. New combinations should be
> added at the end of this list, so, user will see well known
> combinations and new combinations below. It doesn't hurt and people
> who wants to use more polished shortcuts will be able to do it.

I'm not sure if we understand each other. I asked whether I should
extend the table to show all possible combinations of the keys with all
possible combinations of modifiers. You first statemements had let me
think that you are against it, now it looks as if you opt for showing
them all.

But the more I think about it, the more I think we can show them all if
we make the feature that navigating is easy by just pressing the wanted
key more visible: in that case size does *not* matter.

Any idea on which milestone "MOD3" support will hit the DEV300 code line?

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".