On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Mathias Bauer <nospamfor...@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure if we understand each other. I asked whether I should
> extend the table to show all possible combinations of the keys with all
> possible combinations of modifiers. You first statemements had let me
> think that you are against it, now it looks as if you opt for showing
> them all.

Yes, generally, I'm against this configuration panel, because it can
be confusing to go through all (or see all) these shortcuts. But
replacing it with something more user friendly takes some time and
resources, which we don't have I assume. That's the reason why I'm for
showing all possible combinations in this dialog to have MOD3 support
here as soon as possible.

> But the more I think about it, the more I think we can show them all if
> we make the feature that navigating is easy by just pressing the wanted
> key more visible: in that case size does *not* matter.

Yes, agreed.

> Any idea on which milestone "MOD3" support will hit the DEV300 code line?

Can be soon. What's missing

 - support for MOD3 on Unix platforms (Gtk and X11), easy task
 - UX team response on T_MOD1 shortcut for ES, DE languages
 - search for QA, no volunteer on d...@qa & m...@porting :(

To the second point, I sent an email on 2009-02-18 and no response
until today. I assume that no one reads requ...@ux and it has no sense
to wait now, because we have lot of time for 3.2 and I'm planning
macshortcuts02 CWS for additional shortcuts where this one can be
fixed.

Basically, I can change status to Ready to QA today / tomorrow
skipping second point. But I have to find QA representative, which
isn't so easy, because this CWS touches all platforms and lot of
modules. [1]

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Rvojta/Multiplatform_shortcuts

Best regards,
--