On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:20:57PM -0500, Dan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > From: Rich Lafferty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> >    http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo
>
>       Excellent!  Last time I looked, it didn't support tape, which was a
> bit of a drawback (a full server backup would take several CDs).
> Even looks like he's tried it with e-smith.  I'll definitely need to
> have a closer look at it.

Well, I just did, and, hrm, wow. It's, well, I'm glad *I* don't
maintain this software. :-)

It reportedly *works*, from the testimonials on the mondo site. But
take a look at the 'mondo-archive' shell script. (May stain retinas.)

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any alternatives, but that seems like
an awfully elaborate and fragile system from a quick glance through
the code.

  -Rich

       Technical Support Engineer, Network Server Solutions Group
    Mitel Networks, Ottawa, ON                        (613) 751-4404