On Sunday, February 26, 2017 07:02:35 PM Ian Clarke wrote:
> Ok, I'm not making a specific point about any particular decision, I just
> don't want us be paralyzed by needing to accommodate every obscure edge-case
> in anything we do.

:) I also don't want us to be paralyzed by edge cases - which specifically is
why I am advocating for email:

It is a *standard*, and it has had decades to become solid. So if we go with
email again there will be few edge cases since the zoo of clients has had
sufficiently long time to become compliant.

Using a web service instead would cause lots of edge cases because they're not
standardized in any useful way.