So how would we go about using FBB or JNOS? JNOS has appeal since it can
gateway to the internet, a desirable feature
for emergency comms

John
VE5MU

I believe that the simplest is not reinventing the wheel, and using MultiPSK
as a modem, using traditional BBS programs as the mail application.
Does anyone find this to be wrong?

The store and forward part could mean a *LOT* of work to be done, or
actually, re-done...

For traditional ham mail, I find FBB is very good. And for e-mail, JNOS.

Would it be possible to extend the KISS mode interface to other modes and
not only packet? I don't know right now, but sounds tempting.

I feel that a lot of the old packet legacy programs have a lot to offer if
the classic TNC is replaced for a better modem.

Maybe it would be interesting to identify other interfacing software, i.e.,
KISS-WA8DED, 6PACK-KISS, etc

73,

Jose, CO2JA

---

John Bradley escribió:

> Maybe we can convince Patrick to look at possible “store and forward”
> functions as well
>
> John
>
> VE5MU

VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y
Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones ...Por una cultura
energética sustentable www.ciercuba.com