I almost always used JNOS with KISS interfaces, it is a natural way of
using it. TNC's under MSDOS, and also thru pipes under Linux with
net2kiss (I would have to go back to the manual to remember a few
details). It could be interfaced with the BPQ switch, so FBB, JNOS, the
BPQ switch could share the same KISS TNC.

I was not succesful to interface JNOS to MultiPSK using TCPIP, and have
not tried yet using the KISS interface, but I see that others have had
quite a bit of success with it.

Could that be extended to ALE? Right now I don't really know, but looks
interesting to find out.

I am not up to date with all that Maiko has added to JNOS 2.0

73,

Jose, CO2JA

---

John Bradley wrote:
> So how would we go about using FBB or JNOS? JNOS has appeal since it can
> gateway to the internet, a desirable feature
> for emergency comms
>
> John
> VE5MU
>

> I believe that the simplest is not reinventing the wheel, and using MultiPSK
> as a modem, using traditional BBS programs as the mail application.
> Does anyone find this to be wrong?
>
> The store and forward part could mean a *LOT* of work to be done, or
> actually, re-done...
>
> For traditional ham mail, I find FBB is very good. And for e-mail, JNOS.
>
> Would it be possible to extend the KISS mode interface to other modes and
> not only packet? I don't know right now, but sounds tempting.
>
> I feel that a lot of the old packet legacy programs have a lot to offer if
> the classic TNC is replaced for a better modem.
>
> Maybe it would be interesting to identify other interfacing software, i.e.,
> KISS-WA8DED, 6PACK-KISS, etc
>
> 73,
>
> Jose, CO2JA
>
> ---
>
> John Bradley escribió:
>> Maybe we can convince Patrick to look at possible “store and forward”
>> functions as well
>>
>> John
>>
>> VE5MU

VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y
Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones
...Por una cultura energética sustentable
www.ciercuba.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: