Dave Culp wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 09:55 am, Martin Spott wrote:
>> ... After the 'standard' shapefile-based scenery has
>> proven to work we can start tackling issues like the Great Lakes
>> shorelines and such.
>
> I think whoever is the gate keeper for scenery improvements is going to be a
> VERY busy person!

Well, you know, a really good plan (TM) per se includes guidelines on
how to distribute the workload  :-)
I'm confident that when we announce our plan to the community, this
plan is clear enough about the submission guidelines that the people
involved will manage to handle the submissions that might show up.

Adding to that, think of the Scenery Objects database. This database
has been live for several months now and we're far from the situation
where we have to queue submissions because we can't cope with the
workload. The opposite is the case: I'm happy for every contribution.
Think of TaxiDraw: This is a great tool for creating or improving
airport layouts. It appears to me that the number of X-Plane users
employing TaxiDraw for their airport layouts supersedes the number of
FlightGear-TaxiDraw users significantly.
Creating Scenery Objects or airport layouts as well as tweaking
landcover data involves a certain amount of work for the contributor
himself and I think this effect alone will prevent us from being
covered with contributions for a while ....

Cheers,
        Martin.