Martin Spott wrote:
Dave Culp wrote:
Adding to that, think of the Scenery Objects database. This database
has been live for several months now and we're far from the situation
where we have to queue submissions because we can't cope with the
workload. The opposite is the case: I'm happy for every contribution.
Think of TaxiDraw: This is a great tool for creating or improving
airport layouts. It appears to me that the number of X-Plane users
employing TaxiDraw for their airport layouts supersedes the number of
FlightGear-TaxiDraw users significantly.

Well, TaxiDraw is it's own story. Took me some hours to get it running (due to wxGTK incompatibilities that are worked on in the CVS version). Did one airport as good as I could but never submitted because actually looking at the result would have taken me several more hours to play with terragear and scenery generation, which I just did not have then.

That's not really encouraging to do more.

Nine