Martin Spott wrote:
I usually don't judge a piece of software after just one single use - I
wonder how you managed to stick to FlightGear as it definitely has some
rough edges for the first-time user.
Having at least a second try with TaxiDraw does not only get you into
routine, you probably also have the chance to explore additional
features. _And_, you don't have to build the scenery - just submit your
airport and you'll see how it looks after the next scenery update.

I'm sorry, I did not want to offend anyone and I for sure did not judge TaxiDraw. If I had to, I'd say it's a great tool, as it allowed even me to somehow model that airport quite easily.

I just wanted to point out, that the reason for so few people (if it really are few) use it yet is, that it may be just too difficult and/or time consuming to start using it. I actually took some hours to port TaxiDraw to wxGTK-2.6 so I could finally compile it. Never submitted the patch though, because someone else obviously did the same and without CVS history it was nearly impossible to merge the changes. I'm for sure no one that gives up too early because of a few rough edges.

I normally try to get something into the best shape possible before submitting my work. Using TaxiDraw for the first time and not knowing if I did it anything nearly correct, I just didn't feel comfortable submitting it. Also like I said, it's not too much fun to do something and having to wait for months before being able to try it out and see the results. Maybe I, or someone else finds the time somewhere to try to make the scenery generation part easier.

So I hope you accept my apologies.

Nine