On 06/30/2014 10:15 PM, Bret Johnson wrote:
> What you call "hints" is what I call "notes".  To me, hints are something the
> computer generates "smartly" when you ask it, and notes are something I
> provide myself and the computer just helps me keep track of them.

Put that way, your definitions are clear - and indeed, Sudoku86
definitely do 'notes', not 'hints'.

 > Notes do work with the right mouse button

This is actually great news for me - I was starting to fear that the odd
problem Rugxulo is experiencing is somehow common to everyone besides
me. I'm glad then it all works as expected for you.

> Nomenclature again, but what others seem to call an "undo" is what I would
> call "remove".

Yes, I agree the 'undo' name is ambiguous here. The reason I call the
Sudoku86 behavior an 'undo' is because it will restore the 'notes' you
made on the field before writing a number into it.

> You definitely need at least minimal documentation on what the mouse buttons
> are supposed to do in different situations (at least on screen when you're
> playing the game), and the fact that everything on the keyboard except Escape
> is useless.  Adding keyboard support would be nice, also.

Now I see it. I was sure that the mouse interface is super-intuitive,
but of course I was highly subjective in this thinking, and now it's
obvious that it needs to be explained with some actual words in the
documentation and possibly in the game itself.

Thank you for your feedback!

Mateusz