From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2023 6:37 AM
To: FriAM <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: [FRIAM] cults

It's been awhile since I've run across a new-to-me cult. But 09A certainly
qualifies as a meaty one:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/28/new-york-satanic-cult-764-fbi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1057610X.2023.2195065

I can't reconcile the apparent contradiction between fascism and individuality.
I guess the closest some analysts come is to suggest that they're only aligning
with the fascists, for now, to bring about the end of the current aeon and the
colonization of the galaxy.

I guess it reminds me of the "no enemies to the [right|left]" rhetoric:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/30/conservative-christopher-rufo-florida-twitter-debate

But otherwise, O9A's ... "beliefs and structure" seem incoherent enough to
write them off as just too stupid to care about. However one author nailed it
in saying that there are plenty of both impressionable and antisocial people
using the internet, susceptible to the "sinister" allure, to cause real damage.

--
glen

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam