For example, my dog has a sequence of actions she takes to indicate she would
like to go outside and pee.   If I am asleep, I may not see or hear them.
Nonetheless she appears to have guilt if there is a mistake.   Apparent guilt
is just a thing that happens when her intent is not realized.

From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of Steve Smith
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 9:32 AM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Breaking Bad and Free Will

The person that knows their path is bound, rationally discards the
self-regulation of guilt, and in that sense has more “freedom”.

Yah... that's kinda the vibe I get from DT, Bannon, Stone, Miller and many of
the Jan 6 crowd.

I have a thing with the triad of Blame/Shame/Guilt....   I think a lot of folks
conflate Shame and Guilt and avoid the (healthy?) self-regulation of Guilt in
the name of refusing to be (unhealthily)Shamed.   Shame-avoidance does seem to
enhance Freedom-sensation the same way a warm gun fits the hand (Beetles
reference), but Guilt-embrace seems (to me) to allow for a finer attention to
detail in the fractal landscape of Choice (whether it is an illusion or not)
which maybe in some way increases freedom of choice/will?

I'm probably wrong about all this (whatever wrong means in this case) but it is
how I have come to model my own personal responsibility (no matter what
Sapolsky says about whether I have any choices or not).

My own Labrynthian path through the Maze of Being is something of a Return to
Grace journey...  not literally the Judeo-Christian Grace (involving Eden and
Apples and Serpents and such) but something metaphorically aligned.  Best I can
tell, I'll only reach that state (of Grace) asymptotically (as with Satori?) on
a trajectory of senescence and/or extinction (of the ego with or without the
body)?   At that point maybe Satori and Grace are synonyms?

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam