I just learned about the work of De Finetti who apparently added the notion of "subjective probability" to the extant body of Bayesian probability at the time (1937).   "Probability is not about the system but rather about your knowledge of the system"...

From Wikipedia

   *Bruno de Finetti*(13 June 1906 – 20 July 1985) was an
   Italianprobabilist
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_probabilists>statistician
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistician>andactuary
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuary>, noted for the "operational
   subjective" conception ofprobability
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability>. The classic exposition
   of his distinctive theory is the 1937/"La prévision: ses lois
   logiques, ses sources subjectives"/,^[1]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_de_Finetti#cite_note-1> which
   discussed probability founded on the coherence of betting odds and
   the consequences ofexchangeability
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeability>.