Dan,

That's only ~1/2 my player slots filled when it's normally near full
capacity thanks to quickplay filling in the gaps.  I'm a community that has
been around for a long time and couldn't imagine anyone starting out to try
to build themselves now.

These numbers are after an update release that (everyone knows) provides a
much larger influx of players on your server for that day.

At least 5 yrs ago when we all started running servers there was no
quickplay that instantly stole players; it was fair game for everyone - as
they all used the gamebrowser to find the server of choice.  Now QP takes
in probably close to 50%+ of the player traffic that is now 99% going to
Valve's servers.

This is crippling for everyone. As Robert has said, i have never spoken out
on all the previous changes but this was the last kick at the cat and feel
i need to voice my concerns.