On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:27 AM, dan <needa...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Why add all the incentives to win MvM and none for the multiplayer and,
> worse,
> make those MvM prizes hurt the multiplayer objectives even more?

The answer to this is simple. Official MvM mode where you get those
prizes, aka Mann-Up, still makes Valve money with the sale of tickets
and surplus vouchers, where as community servers or even their own
quickplay servers don't really since you can buy your hats and other
items for MvM as well as the 'normal' game.

As for the rest of the discussion, I would argue that Valve has chosen
to dumb down the whole TF2 experience for new and existing players to
a one-button solution and this is just the latest step towards that
goal (maybe even the last). From that you could conclude that they
don't give a damn about communities anymore, I don't really have an
opinion about that. Fact is that they now have more control over the
player experience, which seems to be what they want so I doubt they'll
revert this change.

--
Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
  - Floyd Dell