On 24/01/2014 18:04, thesupremecommander wrote:
I actually sent an email to Valve about a week or so ago (back when this
issue was just bubbling up) asking them to implement a CS:GO Overwatch-type
system for TF2 servers. I still think that such a system is the best way to
go without requiring Valve to manually police servers themselves, allowing
community owners to still compete for QuickPlay traffic with servers both
following the intent and the text of Valve's QuickPlay rules, and giving
players the same unadulterated vanilla experience that they want.

I just joined a valve server with quickplay and 'official servers' checked to play 2fort.

The experience of joining is pretty good. Fast and I got a server with a low ping
that played well.

All I can say to the folks here is though, if you can't compete with a Valve server, switch
off your servers and bake cakes to sell because you're in the wrong game.

It was a complete farce. Barely anyone knew how to cap, where to cap,
or what the objectives were. Neither team had any defence, certainly no engineers.

I was told what I was doing was "impossible" (i.e shooting nades at people and hitting them)

So, relax. No one who sits facing the shiny side of their monitor
will be playing on Valve servers via quickplay for any length of time because
the servers are swamped with the confused and bewildered.

You can (as I have in the past) jump from valve server to valve server and
find a decent round, but you'd spend all day doing that with
the quickplay button joining random servers.

Who knows, perhaps the official checkbox will mix up the player base and change
that, but right now that doesn't appear to be the case.
--
Dan