Everything you've said is perfectly relevant and 100% besides the point.
You are talking to a list of people who have been running TF2 servers since
its release.  TF2 was built by Valve, came out, and was popular for about a
year in its default format.  When its charm had worn off, communities took
it, modded it, added incentives such as hats, custom weapons, skins, in
their mods, and built large playerbases from it.  The TF2 community rose up
and expanded again based on these mods, and communities kept their servers
up by having them as donator perks.  The better communities (those who had
weapons be free and donator perks be *only* cosmetic) prospered and
everything was great for about another year, until the day when (some of
you probably remember) those running communities with cosmetic donator
perks were sent emails from Valve asking us to remove the cosmetic and
custom items from our servers or have them blacklisted, as they were
getting ready to release their own.

The ENTIRE POINT of this discussion is that Valve released a game, it
didn't do as well as counterstrike or half life, and the *COMMUNITIES* took
it and molded it into something that people loved.  Valve took the best
ideas from those communities and monetized them.  We lost any way to bring
in donations to fund servers because the only donator perks we can offer is
end-of-round immunity (whoop de doo).  We lost our playerbase because the
fun stuff that kept players on our servers was now built into the game.
Quickplay was introduced, making us turn off more stuff to try and bring
people in and keep them.  It has been downhill from there.

So pardon the hell out of me, I do indeed feel like I am a little bit
entitled to have some support from the company that took the things we were
offering to players and monetized them.  I feel like I'm entitled to a
small portion of the playerbase and I feel like I'm entitled to at least
some answers from the people who made the decision.  We are well over 50
replies into this thread and we have not yet heard back from them on ANY of
the questions we've had since we found out that they have priority in QP
during the halloween update.  I feel like I'm entitled because without the
communities, the game would have died off to everyone except the
hardest-core comp players years ago.  We helped build it, we helped
maintain it, and now we're being crapped on from on high and feel like the
LEAST we deserve is some freaking answers.  Your being derisive towards
everyone else here simply tells me you haven't been as invested into the
game and the aspect of the community behind it as some of us.